Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Anthony Urso <an...@cs.ucla.edu> on 2013/04/10 02:12:39 UTC

Announcing KeptCollections 1.0

I am pleased to announce the 1.0 release of KeptCollections, a library of
drop-in replacements for standard Java Collections that use Apache
ZooKeeper as a backing store.

KeptCollections are designed to make it easy for anyone to write
distributed applications without having to learn the intricacies of
ZooKeeper, or distributed programming in general.

The collections use the well-known JDK APIs, yet any changes made to any of
these collections by one node are seen by all other nodes within
milliseconds, allowing for easy communication between processes in a
computing cluster.

More information here:

https://github.com/anthonyu/KeptCollections/wiki

and all code is available from:

https://github.com/anthonyu/KeptCollections

Please try it out, and let me know any problems you experience via github
issues or comments on this post.

<dependency>
  <groupId>net.killa.kept</groupId>
  <artifactId>KeptCollections</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

Cheers,
Anthony

Re: Announcing KeptCollections 1.0

Posted by Anthony Urso <an...@cs.ucla.edu>.
Sorry for the extra email, but somehow I sent the previous message while
attempting to paste this bit into it:

CHANGES:

* All tests are run against an in-process zookeeper, obviating the need to
have  ZooKeeper running on your local machine.

* The jar has been published to Maven Central, thus providing the ability
to use it as a dependency in your Maven build process without separately
installing it:

Cheers,
Anthony