Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Yi-Wen Liu <yi...@usc.edu> on 2015/10/20 08:28:37 UTC

uima ducc installation

Hi,

I was trying to install UIMA DUCC 2.0.0 on my machine (follow
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/DUCC), and came across
some problems(ActiveMQ), hope somebody can help, thanks!

The ducc_post_install and ducc_check look fine, for ducc_post_install I got:
ActiveMQ is automanaged on node  yiwenlius-mbp
ducc_ling is installed for architecture x86_64. See the installation guide
for additional modifications needed to run user processes with their OS
user credentials.
Initial DUCC setup complete.

and results from ducc_check which looks very similar to the doc:
JVM: /usr/bin/java
ENV: Java is configured as: /usr/bin/java
ENV java full version "1.8.0_60-b27"
ENV: Threading enabled: True
ENV: system is Darwin
ActiveMQ broker is not running on tcp://yiwenlius-mbp:61617
Checking 1 nodes
Waiting for Completion
Checking yiwenlius-mbp ...
no processes found.
Node health checks return.
All threads returned

The reason why I point out activeMQ is that when I do start_ducc, it seems
the broker is not running:

allnodes /Users/ducc/apache-uima-ducc-2.0.0/resources/ducc.nodes
Class definition file is ducc.classes
OK: Class and node definitions validated.
OK: Class configuration checked
Starting broker on yiwenlius-mbp
Waiting for broker ..... 0
Waiting for broker ..... 1
Waiting for broker ..... 2
Waiting for broker ..... 3
Waiting for broker ..... 4
Waiting for broker ..... 5
Waiting for broker ..... 6
Waiting for broker ..... 7
Waiting for broker ..... 8
ActiveMQ broker cannot be found on yiwenlius-mbp:61617

And it stopped.

Does somebody know what it is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Yi-Wen

Re: uima ducc installation

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
I just tried using Java 8 and I observe the following in the WebServer's
log file:

=====

Problem accessing /system.daemons.jsp. Reason:

    PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 24 in the jsp file:
/$banner/$testpattern.jsp
PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files
=====

Please try Java 7.  The Java used is specified in
$DUCC_HOME/resources/site.ducc.properties, for example:

ducc.jvm = /share/ibm-jdk1.7/bin/java

Lou.

Re: uima ducc installation

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.