Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2003/05/09 17:10:49 UTC

Re: Maven using USER_DIR instead MAVEN_REPO for dependency classpath?

If you're using CVS HEAD (post release-9), then I think the dependency
path is based on a new "cache" directory located under
${maven.home.local} instead of ${maven.home}...I think this must be to
ensure  multi-user noninterference...

Posted by Peter Lynch <pe...@mindspring.com>.
Correct. By default all things are written ( in CVS HEAD ) to the .maven
directory in the user's homes

The relevant properties are

maven.home.local = by default {$user.home}/.maven
maven.repo.local = by default will be {$user.home}/.maven/repository
maven.plugin.unpacked.dir = by default will be $user.home}/.maven/plugins

An environment variable is also relevant:

MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL = maps to maven.home.local if set

This is being fleshed out in head to allow for read only use of a Maven
install. Yes it may need tweaking, but it seems to work generally.
Perhaps you found a bug in a plugin, perhaps you just were not aware of
the change.

It looks like you just need to set maven.repo.local to
e:\maven\repository\ and you will be good to go...

Feedback/patches/docs welcome...

I hope to get some docs in HEAD to describe how it all works before the
next release.

-Peter