Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/09 19:36:47 UTC

River-261, namespace change

Hi,

I've made the changes locally for http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-261
, where com.sun.jini.* has been converted to org.apache.river.*
Would anyone like this as a patch? Its such a big change in the
codebase, what would the right way be to proceed?

Also, I'd like to make sure the testing framework gets modified as
well, where can I find that?

Regards

Dennis

Re: River-261, namespace change

Posted by Jim Hurley <ji...@mac.com>.
I think that should be part of the name change work.

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bob Scheifler <Bo...@Sun.COM>.
On 11/09/08 14:36, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> I noticed something in the IiopExporter, starting on line 206:
>
> // workaround for 4632973
>     ArrayList names = new ArrayList(2);
>     names.add(tieClassName);
>     if (tieClassName.startsWith("java.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("com.sun.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("net.jini.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("jini.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("javax."))
>     {
>         names.add("org.omg.stub." + tieClassName);
>     }
>

> What is the issue that 4632973 referring to?

The Java-to-IDL mapping says that Tie classes are always in the same package
as the implementation class; they are never prefixed with the "org.omg.stub"
prefix.  But the Sun JDK implementation adds that prefix to Tie names
for implementation classes in the above packages.  (In more recent JDKs,
com.sun has apparently been removed from the list.)

> Does an additional
>
> tieClassName.startsWith("org.apache.river")
>
> Need to be added for the namespace change

Nope.

- Bob

Re: River-261, namespace change

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Good work....

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, I'd like to make sure the testing framework gets modified as well,
>> where can I find that?
>
> I found the qatests source, should this also be migrated from com.sun.jini.*
> to org.apache.river.*? Or should just the references to River be modified?

IMO, it should change accordingly... I vaguely recalled that only
net.jini classes would remain for compatibility reasons.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: River-261, namespace change

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.