Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 10:26:38 UTC

Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0.1 performance test

Hi, all:

AOO 4.0.1 will release. Performance plays an important role in software
quality. Is there any volunteer who want to run performance test?

I've run AOO performance GUI test on my own machines. I've tried on one
platforms: Windows 7. The test configure is as follows:

Test Environment: CPU:2.6 GHz; Mem: 8GB; OS: Windows7
Test Build: AOO.4.0.1_r1518667; Baseline AOO4.0_r1503704
Test Evaluation Method:Automatically run each test case 8 times and compute
the average value of 5 times (excluding the first round result, the minimum
and maximum result).

The test scenario include:  Slideshow, new AOO file, load file and save.

Volunteers could run performance test on other platforms.

Please Post PVT Report in Wiki
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/PVT_Report

All the automation scripts could be downloaded in AOO project. And it is
not difficult to set the automation environment. You could follow the guide:

*[Automation Development Guide]*
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide

[how to run PVT]
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/PVT

Reminder:
1.Be sure that we should keep the test configuration  unchanged between
build to build.
2.PVT of AOO consists of two parts: GUI and UNO. PVT GUI Testing (run
pvt.gui.benchmark)  and PVT UNO Testing (pvt.uno.Conversion)

For any questions, be free to contact with me :

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0.1 performance test

Posted by Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com>.
Drew ,Thanks your support

According Simon and yuzhen's suggestion , I will post the PVT result with
latest AOO4.0.1 build on Windows7 about next Thursday

Hope more volunteers involve in PVT testing

Thanks Drew again

Posted by Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com>.
Drew ,Thanks your support

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.