Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/02 13:02:31 UTC

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an artifact
in the past, albeit as one large zip with the code in, as opposed to
individual artifacts. After some playing around, I _think_ I have something
where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking a
shot at it?

Jon

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 8:53 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.invalid>
wrote:

> Sure, give it a shot!
>
> > If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an
> artifact
>
> Would not be a good idea. They contain some binaries which are not meant
> for distribution (licenses).
> They are also way too big to deploy them all.
> Bundling them in a source zip is fine though.

I meant a source zip. Reading that back I totally typed the wrong thing.
Throw new NotEnoughCoffeeException() I guess.

> >  I _think_ I have something
> > where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking
> > shot at it?
>
> Sure, go on.
> I just want to avoid doing all that stuff manually.
> If it doesn't work out we can still try to extract the examples into an
> own project.

I agree. I'll kick it off.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Sure, give it a shot!