Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2001/04/22 20:14:34 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Apache::Reload 0.07

This is a minor update as promised with some patches from a couple of
sources to help reload when "use lib" is in effect.

Let me know if it works (or doesn't) please.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::Reload 0.07

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, tom@grubby.net wrote:
>

> > Would Apache::Reload be helpful in the case where you have
> > multiple virtualhosts which each want their own @INC ?
> > I tried fixing this problem with a previous release, but gave up
> > when I realized the implication of all those use lib ()
> > directives in my modules.
> >
> > If you think so, maybe you should add something to this effect to the docs.
>
> I think Stas had something he was looking at for doing this. Stas?

was I? May be you confuse me with someone else?

I've submitted you a patch which solves the problem, where some module
gets required relative to '.', and then if the code does chdir()
elsewhere, reload was failing, because it was registering a relative to
'.' path. I've checked -- this patch is now in :)

Currently you can see in the guide various solutions for INC and virtual
hosts.  But none is good for production. mod_perl 2.0 solves this problem,
come in and help us to debug/develop it so it'll get out faster.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::Reload 0.07

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.

Posted by to...@grubby.net.
Would Apache::Reload be helpful in the case where you have
multiple virtualhosts which each want their own @INC ?
I tried fixing this problem with a previous release, but gave up
when I realized the implication of all those use lib ()
directives in my modules.

If you think so, maybe you should add something to this effect to the docs.

Regards,

Tom