Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wolfgang Woger <wo...@syslog.at> on 2004/08/13 09:49:24 UTC

Hi,
I have a form with a Date:

      <fmt:formatDate value="${theBean.someDate}" type="date"/>

The problem: the formated date is not shown at all, it should have
functioned as the value of that input.

what can I do ?

Wolfgang

Re:

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
I just tried this in one of my forms. Works fine under both add and
update conditions, with and without validation errors (the only time the
new string is rendered is for a fresh add page).

Erik

Re:

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
Sorry, that's one I have not encountered.

Erik

Re:

Posted by Wolfgang Woger <wo...@syslog.at>.

Re:

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.

Re:

Posted by Wolfgang Woger <wo...@syslog.at>.

Erik Weber wrote:

> Not sure about the fmt:format tag, but I use the Struts bean:write tag
> to format my dates:
>
> <bean:write name="event" property="startDate" format="MM/dd/yyyy"/>
>
> Erik

Thank you Erik,

I will try bean:write.
But by now I have an other problem. I want a new Date() as a default
value for a html-el:text element. I did:
 <%
        Date curDate = new Date();

Re:

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.