Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2008/03/28 11:23:35 UTC

LOGCXX-257 and 0.10.0 RC 3

Had to rewrite a substantial bit of log4cxx in the release process,
but I didn't see another way of getting TelnetAppender::close() not to
hang on Unix.  I'm going to cut 0.10.0 RC3 later today after I get
some sleep.  I would appreciate any feedback on the new code,
particularly any testing of network based appenders.  The unit tests
pass on Mac OS/X, Ubuntu 6.06 and WinXP and I've done quick sanity
testing of TelnetAppender on Mac OS/X.

The timeline is pretty quick for 0.10.0.  For reasons, I can't go into
here (but I have on private@logging.apache.org), a log4cxx 0.10.0
release must either occur before next Thursday (April 3rd) or will
have to wait until April 17th or so.  That is still more than the
required 72 hours, but not all that much more.  A timely reviews and
feedback of 0.10.0 RC3 when it becomes available will be crucial in
trying to meet that deadline.  I don't expect any code changes between
before cutting the release candidate, but there will be some minor
cosmetic changes.