Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Diego Oliveira <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 03:42:57 UTC

Curator and queue recipe warning

Hello folks,

    I got to the Curator wiki page to see something about the distributed
queue recipe and got surprised with the big  warning telling to not use
zookeeper as a distributed queue controller, the reason page described some
cases that I passed here... is this *TRUE*, if so, what option do we have.

The message:
*IMPORTANT* - We recommend that you do NOT use ZooKeeper for Queues. Please
see Tech Note 4 <https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Tech-Note-4> for
details. Links

https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Distributed-Queue
https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Tech-Note-4

--
Att.
Diego de Oliveira

Re: Curator and queue recipe warning

Posted by Diego Oliveira <lo...@gmail.com>.
Is there a number pointing what lightweight mean for zookeeper (like
messages/seconds or message/seconds/size)?

--
Diego

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Diego Oliveira <lo...@gmail.com>.
I took a look last night and it sounds like the big problem is the
serialization mechanism. The transportation layer has a limit of 1M in
size, the getChildren method pass all the children name in that chunk, so
if you have a lot of children then you are in trouble.

Posted by Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>.