Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/21 01:23:00 UTC

setting up admin password doesnt help

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Setting_up_an_Admin_account
Creating an admin account as described here

does prepare hash in the local.ini file

as follow

[admins]
paul =
-hashed-8a62c707fceed74331196912a2568b07c512b7b9,fe07bce809e7a9b7e9003fd846253032
~

but when i try to access futon
it still asks for no password
ie
it is not yet secured

If any one found a similar issue, please let me know

thanks

Re: setting up admin password doesnt help

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.
good point so nginx shud proxy into futon
the problem with admin access is

in the code i have server.create('dbname')
and since the code might not have admin auth it will cause the app to crash!

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.
chrisi want to secure only the futon utility
that is all i want
to enter the user name password
and go in to futon

the rest such as creating db i dont want to secure

*btw .9 roxxxx*
*1.3 million records is taking about .6Gigs*

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.