Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2019/01/18 14:45:29 UTC

[BUILD-UNSTABLE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [1]'

BUILD-UNSTABLE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [1]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/1/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [1]</a>"

[BUILD-UNSTABLE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [6]'

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
BUILD-UNSTABLE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [6]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/6/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [6]</a>"

[BUILD-UNSTABLE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [5]'

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
BUILD-UNSTABLE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [5]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/5/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [5]</a>"

[BUILD-FAILURE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [4]'

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
BUILD-FAILURE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [4]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/4/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [4]</a>"

[BUILD-FAILURE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [3]'

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
BUILD-FAILURE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [3]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/3/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [3]</a>"

[BUILD-FAILURE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [2]'

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
BUILD-FAILURE: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [2]':

Check console output at "<a href="https://builds.apache.org/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/2/">IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [2]</a>"

Re: [BUILD-UNSTABLE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [1]'

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I have create a pull request from my forked repo, will it trigger the jenkins pipeline?

If you are one of the initial committers of the project it would be best to work in a branch not a fork of the project.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [BUILD-UNSTABLE]: Job 'IoTDB-Pipeline/master [master] [1]'

Posted by 徐毅 <xu...@126.com>.
Oh, I see. Thank you for your patience.
On 1/18/2019 23:40,Christofer Dutz<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
Hi Xu,

Well the thing is, in order to be able to run the PRs of any user, we would need to provide user credentials of a user in Jenkins as the ASF has so many API calls with Github that we can't use the anonymous API access.
It's not desirable that we have to do this. I would personally not do it, if I was asked.

The other thing is, by restricting to only commits from the team we can be somewhat sure that no malicious code is executed. The Travis guys invest quite a lot of time and work to detect stuff like this.
For example such a PR could run a bitcoin miner or a spam distribution node without any problems. I would not want to put the burden of detecting stuff like that on Infra's shoulders.

So if you create a branch inside the asf github repo, it should pick that up and automatically test it.

Chris

Am 18.01.19, 16:35 schrieb "徐毅" <xu...@126.com>:

So we should create a new branch in apache/incubator-iotdb and create a pr to master. Only in this circumstance, it will trigger jenkins?
On 1/18/2019 23:19,Christofer Dutz<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
Nope ... only code in the official Apache repo will trigger builds.

We discussed this on the build@apache list and I wouldn't want to run outside build-jobs on Apache infrastructure.
If you want that, you could probably ask Infra to enable travis integration ... I will gladly provide a .travis.yml for that.

Chris

Am 18.01.19, 16:14 schrieb "徐毅" <xu...@126.com>:

Hi,

I have create a pull request from my forked repo, will it trigger the jenkins pipeline?

Thanks
Xu Yi

On 1/18/2019 22:54,Christofer Dutz<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
OK ... so now you guys should be setup ...

Jenkins automatically builds all branches that contain a Jenkinsfile. So if you branch off master, this will automatically be built and tested.
- You can find all IoTDB jobs here [1]
- The master build is here [2]
- Snapshots are deployed here [3] (As soon as the tests are all passing)
- Code Analysis will be available here [4]

As soon as you make a commit that fixes the timezone issue, there might be another in the CLI module (Had do disable tests in that too)

Chris

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/I/view/IoTDB/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/view/I/view/IoTDB/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/job/master/
[3] http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/