Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ivan Kudibal <ix...@seznam.cz> on 2003/11/03 11:49:02 UTC

A 'include' element cannot be a child of an include element.

Hello,

when I try to parse a.xml, I'll get this exception

[Fatal Error] a.xml:8:44: A 'include' element cannot be a child of an
include element.

Ivan

file a.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<a xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
    <xi:include href="b.xml">
      <xi:fallback>Cannot load file b.xml</xi:fallback>
    </xi:include>

    <c>
      <xi:include href="b.xml" parse="text">
        <xi:fallback>Cannot load file b.xml</xi:fallback>
      </xi:include>
    </c>
</a>

file b.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<b xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
   <xi:include href="b.xml" parse="text">
     <xi:fallback>Cannot load file b.xml</xi:fallback>
    </xi:include>
</b>

Re: A 'include' element cannot be a child of an include element.

Posted by Neil Pitman <ne...@sympatico.ca>.
Ivan,

You know that b.xml includes b.xml.  If it did not raise an exception, you
would get an endless loop.  Have you tried including another document?
Neil Pitman
neil.pitman@sympatico.ca
+1.514.863.5465
ICQ#: 21101052