Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Julian BYRNE <Ju...@eng.monash.edu.au> on 1997/07/18 04:10:02 UTC

general/882: Missing prototypes in a number of modules, some potentially buggy.

>Number:         882
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Missing prototypes in a number of modules, some potentially buggy.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There are missing function prototypes in a number of modules.

Most are innocuous though at least one is potentially problematic on
some platforms (default int function in "%s" context; get_time() in http_log.c).

I'd suggest you add all missing prototypes; it gives me and I suspect most
other users the `warm fuzzies' to compile with full warnings and see none;
it tells me that you've checked and made sure there are no potentially
memory corrupting default casts like the above.

Also, a minor nit: the problem report form name and email address boxes are
too small; you may want to widen them.

Don't bother replying to this report unless you feel the need;
I know you're busy. Congratulations on a superb piece of software.

>How-To-Repeat:
Do a vanilla make with full warnings (-Wall or -fullwarn) switched on.
>Fix:
Add prototypes in include files for:

block_alarms(), unblock_alarms(), cleanup_scoreboard(),
count_idle_servers(), accept_mutex_on(), accept_mutex_off(),
one_process) detach (), close_unused_listeners (), set_group_privs (),
set_signals (), wait_or_timeout (), find_free_child_num (),
count_idle_servers (), find_free_child_num (), show_directives(),
reclaim_child_processes(), init_alloc(), update_scoreboard_global (),
show_modules(), setup_prelinked_modules(), init_suexec(),
set_group_privs(), clear_module_list (), cleanup_for_exec(),
get_time()

Also, unprototyped anonymous functions calls in http_config.c like:

   (*cmd->func) (parms, mconfig, w)

could be fixed with casts.
%0