Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Richard Strub <Ri...@nasa.gov> on 2008/07/29 16:45:55 UTC

Caching services with apache's reverse proxy caching

Thanks for the hint about HTTP caching:
"
Another idea would be to use HTTP to invoke your service and rely on
HTTP caching. ODE doesn't support it completely yet but if you're
willing to help, we could give you some pointers."

Squid is the latest buzz word around here but my SA says that the only
thing that will work for me is to use apache's reverse proxy caching.
But to do this I need to invoke my services with HTTP GET request
instead of how they are now: POST.

So, How do I invoke a service to make it appear as a GET request?
Thanks.

Re: Caching services with apache's reverse proxy caching

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Richard Strub <Ri...@nasa.gov>wrote:

> Thanks for the hint about HTTP caching:
> "
> Another idea would be to use HTTP to invoke your service and rely on HTTP
> caching. ODE doesn't support it completely yet but if you're willing to
> help, we could give you some pointers."
>
> Squid is the latest buzz word around here but my SA says that the only
> thing that will work for me is to use apache's reverse proxy caching. But to
> do this I need to invoke my services with HTTP GET request instead of how
> they are now: POST.
>
> So, How do I invoke a service to make it appear as a GET request?

You could use a WSDL HTTP binding and define your operations as GETs. See:

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-HTTPBindingSupport

Cheers,
Matthieu