Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by je...@prasahewitt.ch on 2001/12/07 14:49:23 UTC

concurrent usage summary

Hi all,

It looks like Lucene supports concurrent searchs as long as the index is not
modified with add, delete, or optimize actions (and maybe others?). For those
actions, it is not clear what is happening (at least for me) with open
searchers, readers and writers. Can those be reused freely ? When should they be
opened/closed ?  Can I add/delete documents while another thread is looping on
Hits ?

A brief summary of what can/cannot be done when modifying an index (and related
issues) would be very appreciated.

JCG