Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com> on 2005/02/02 21:56:36 UTC

Need a Table with TWO rows per data row

I've got a table with too many dang columns, so I've decided that what I
really need to do is break the info out into a couple of rows, with the
second row possibly having some spanned columns. My first thought is to
create a custom Table component using the various Table pieces, but am
wondering if there might be another approach.

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Need a Table with TWO rows per data row

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Thanks. I use blocks often and understand how to do that. What I want is to
actually have a completely other row that I can configure to have colspans
and so forth.

Posted by John Reynolds <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Karthik, I'd be very interested in this--even if it has a lot more
functionality than I need.

Are you building this out of the current Table components available in
contrib?

Jamie
Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.
[...]

possible using the post-block. However, this is a situation where you have a

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Thanks MB! I'll try that! Sure beats creating a whole new component!

Jamie
Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Actually, that ended up giving me invalid HTML, like:

Posted by John Reynolds <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good candidate for me to add to my Table examples.  I'll
let you know how it comes out.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.