Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by ma...@ccicon.com on 2002/12/12 22:42:43 UTC

office 2000 access problem

I think I'm microsoft impaired:
I have a subversion repository (version 0.15.0) and am accessing via apache
(version 2.0.43). The linux client works just great. The PERL svn/ftp
client works just great. The windows (DOS) command line client works just
great, but office 2000 cannot write to the repository. We setup a "network
place" and can open files OK, but everything opens in read only format. We
also cannot add new files to the repository. We're sitting behind a
firewall and have the IP and port NAT'ed, so users have to come in on port
27080 which redirects to port 80 on the internal svn server. Is Microsoft
too stupid to understand port redirection, or am I too stupid to be running
an svn repository?

Any insight you could provide would be great.

BTW - svn looks great so far - if I can just help my windows users become
happy....

Thanks,
Marty Lampard

P.s. It's hard for me to setup a test office 2000 box internally to test,
as all the office 2000 clients are remote.

Re: office 2000 access problem

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 05:42 PM, marty@ccicon.com wrote:

> Any insight you could provide would be great.

Subversion's mod_dav_svn is not a full DAV/Delta-V compilant server.
It supports a subset of the spec (the subset needed for the svn
client), so you likely will not be able to write to it from office 2000.

Full compliance is planned for after 1.0.

-garrett