Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Stephane DUCAS <sd...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 15:28:00 UTC

Quantity increment for Sales Order

Hello all,

My customer sells Flooring and tiling goods by area (square meters). But
those goods are in a box that are not divideable.

Exemple: a Flooring good is in a box of 1.33 square meter so any Order on
this good (PO or SO) must be have a quantity divideable by 1.33:

He can order 1.33, 2.66, 3.99 ..... but he can not order 1,2 or any quantity
not divideable by 1.33.

So if the user type 2 this quantity has to be rounded to 2.66.

My customer doesn't want to sell boxes in his order, prices are based on
area not boxes and any document like  invoices must show the quantity in
square meter not in boxes.

So I'm looking for a way to have a quantity increment property on the
product to have this behavior implemented.

I was looking at the "alternative packaging" association but this doesn't
seems to be the good approach..

Do you have any idea if a such feature is available OOTB on ofbiz or if I
will have to hack the shoppingcart to have a such behavior?

THX!

Re: Quantity increment for Sales Order

Posted by sducas <sd...@gmail.com>.
Hello David,

Thanks for your answer!

My problem with this approach is that my customer sell this goods by square
meter not boxes, by exemple prices are given for a square meter not boxes..
like 3$ by square meters, this prices are showed to the final customer..

I think the product has to be "a square meter of" not "a box of" because
pricing and everything are based on square meter not on boxes..

The boxes only introduce a quantity increment but they have no price and the
number of boxes ordered appears nowhere in any documents so I'm not sure
boxes can be considered as products in my case..

A simple hack in ShoppingCartEvents would do the rounding stuff but I prefer
to check with you if any better approach exists..

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
The easiest way is to set the "Quantity Included" to 1.33 and the corresponding units to square meter, and consider each quantity entered by the customer to be a multiple of that. In other words, if they order 2 then they are ordering 2.66 square meters (and with the product setup that way you can display this detail as well, ie "Comes in increments of ${quantityIncluded} ${unitDescription}").

-David