Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Ng <ad...@lycos-asia.com> on 2001/10/04 06:08:41 UTC

Question : Jk_Mount + Tomcat + Apache ( Newbie )

  I have a few problems.

1.) I have installed tomcat 3.x + apahce + php + perl. I have also installed
tomcat4.

    I want my topage look like this.    ---  http://test.abc.com/index.html
actually, the index.html is a java script normal naming convention would be
index.jsp.

   In tomcat 4, everything okay not much configuration need to be done.

   Add an

        <Host name="test.abc.com" >
           <Context path="" docBase="/var/abc" debug="0" reloadable="true"
/>
        </Host>

   In order to run .jsp as .html, we edit the coresponding web.xml to
include

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

    This also works okay.  BUT, http://test.abc.com/test.pl    I can't get
this to work, the .pl file just does not get executed. The web server
treated it as a .txt file.

2.)  Then, tomcat 3.x + apache + +  +  mod_jk module would be able to
resolve this problem BUT,

 i)  I can't run the index.html   as http://test.abc.com/index.html
because according to what i have tested out. We need to use

JkMount /abcroot/ ajp12://localhost:8007/abcroot  to connect to Tomcat ( I
could be wrong )

Then, I will only able to use http://test.abc.com/abcroot/index.html

Am I really confused now?  Then, I try rewrite_module and well, anywhere,
not sucessfully. Can anyone give some details of how this @##$#%  thing
work?
Please show me how server.xml and mod_jk.conf needed to be configure ( since
mod_jk.conf is auto  generated, I rename it and include it in httpd.conf,
that one i know). Your help is my only hope < haha ... >

@_@

Thanks.

--- snippet  mod_jk.conf

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so

AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

JkWorkersFile
/usr/www/httpd.tcn/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile  /usr/www/httpd.tcn/apache/logs/jk.log
JkLogLevel warn
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /servlet/* ajp12
#JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /examples/*.html ajp12
JkMount /examples/* ajp12

</IfModule>

<VirtualHost 211.20.186.165:86>
        ServerAdmin adamng@lycos-asia.com
        DocumentRoot /var/abc
        ServerName test.abc.com
        ErrorLog logs/abc.error.log
        CustomLog logs/abc.access.log common
JkMount /*.html ajp12
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /* ajp12
JkMount /abcroot/ ajp12://localhost:8007/abcroot
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/$ /abcroot$1 [R]

Adam Ng, Chin Poh

LycosAsia Ltd.
No, 33 Jalan Afifi,
#06-01/02/03 Eng Yick Building, S 409180.
Singapore 408600

H/P : 65 97361024
O/P : 65 3950181
ICQ : 74352209
Fax : 65 7452890

Visit us at: <http://www.lycosasia.com.sg>
Sign up for a free Lycos Asia cOntact account.
Get 20MB for email and filestore.
Organise your communications with family and friends.
Get in cOntact now ! <http://contact.lycosasia.com>

-- http 405, can not execute servlet

Posted by Sam <is...@ms45.hinet.net>.
Hi everybody

I can execute Servlet Exaxmple follow the command,
http://localhost:8080/servlet/SnoopServlet

I try to make a html file
<FORM ACTION="/servlet/SnoopServlet" METHOD="post">
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="submit">
</FORM>

The Server can not accept the request.
REPLY: (405 Server does not support requested method)

However after I RELOAD the page, it is work well.
Why?? why RELOAD is necessary.

--Sam

RE: ## What is the different of keystore and keypass!?

Posted by pero <pe...@antaramusic.de>.
keypass is the passwort that protects entries in the keystore. for a
"normal" tomcat ca this would be "changeit"

Posted by Sam <is...@ms45.hinet.net>.
Hi all,