Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/05 00:19:31 UTC

nonpersistent/nondurable messages

I set the producer to deliver non-persistent but still receive old messages
when my consumer runs.

Re: nonpersistent/nondurable messages

Posted by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com>.
I get duplicate messages sometimes. Also have old messages that are sent when
the consumer is offline.

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.

Posted by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Non-persistent just means that messages don't survive broker restarts
- it doesn't mean they disappear if a consumer goes away. If you want
messages to go away when a consumer dies use a temporary queue

On 9/4/06, StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I set the producer to deliver non-persistent but still receive old messages
> when my consumer runs.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/