Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Harsh Rathi <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 09:24:59 UTC

Regarding multiple values of a vertex

Hi All,

I am taking input graph in the form of 2 separate files "Edge-List" and
"Vertex-List".
In Vertex-List file, a vertex can have multiple values (value of vertex is
of text format) i.e. there can be multiple entries of vertex-value pair for
same vertex.

While taking input of a vertex in Giraph, it checks whether if vertex is
already present in graph, then it replaces the old value with  new value of
vertex. I want to append all the vertex values for the same vertex (String
format).

I can do it by changing the giraph-core's source code. But, I am looking
for a solution in which while taking input using vertex-input class, it is
possible retrieve old value of that vertex. Is it possible to do what I am
proposing ? Can I retrieve the value of vertex using Vertex Id in
vertex-input class ?

Thanks

Harsh Rathi
IIT Delhi

Re: Regarding multiple values of a vertex

Posted by Maja Kabiljo <ma...@fb.com>.
Hi Harsh,

The other thing you can do at the moment is make another implementation of Partition (similar to SimplePartition) which is going to do a different thing when duplicate vertex is encountered, and then set giraph.partitionClass to your Partition.

Maja

From: Alessandro Presta <al...@fb.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:57 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<ma...@giraph.apache.org>" <us...@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Regarding multiple values of a vertex

Hi Harsh,

It's currently not possible to combine multiple vertex values, but it is on our roadmap.
For now, you could try using MapReduce to aggregate those values before you feed them to the Giraph job.

Alessandro

Posted by Alessandro Presta <al...@fb.com>.
Hi Harsh,