Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 22:05:31 UTC

Two projects that are using Jena

Jena crew:

In case anyone is interested in this sort of thing, I thought I'd send a little
introduction to tell you about two projects we are working on that depend
on Jena (and Stanbol).

https://github.com/fogbeam/Neddick  -- a private "reddit like" system
for organizational use that can consume RSS feeds, Tweets, IMAP email,
etc., and - in addition to the voting and tagging and "reddit style"
functionality, also does semantic concept extracting and offers rich
"semantic" queries using Stanbol+Jena.

https://github.com/fogbeam/Quoddy - an "Enterprise Social Network"
that has features like real-time Business Events subscriptions, BPM
integration, etc., in additional to generic "social network"
functionality.  Again, using Stanbol+Jena to allow users to work with
"knowledge" and not just "content".

We're really excited about what we can do once we start importing
"local" or domain specific entities (customers, SKUs, part numbers,
etc.) into the Stanbol EntityHub, so that the real time Business
Events can be enhanced and queried in semantic terms using references
to customers, partners, employees, products, etc.

We've only just started incorporating the Jena+Stanbol stuff, so
you'll probably see me popping up around here with more questions in
the future.  And to the extent that I can help, I hope to be able to
help with Jena itself a bit as well.

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

Phil

---
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM