Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Howe <jw...@allencreek.com> on 2001/02/14 20:52:42 UTC

Struts and Frames

I'm working to build a web based application using Struts.  Currently we
have a mocked-up prototype which uses frames (iframes in particular) to
control what gets displayed on the screen.  In general the format of our or
pages consists of three frames:

Top (header/navigation stuff)
Main (the thing the user is currently doing)
Footer

I've tried to "strutsifiy" this prototype but I haven't quite figured out
the best way to handle things.  The one thing I did was convert the footer
from "footer.html" to "footer.jsp".  This lets me dynamically change the
content of the footer.  This seems to work.  I then tried to modify the
main body.  I started by making the main body point to my "logon.do"
action.  This worked fine.  The screen came up and my logon stuff was in
the middle frame.  However, once the user logged on, my middle pane went
blank.  In my config, I had the logon page forward to my success action,
but my success action never displayed.  Is there anything special I need to
do to make my struts application usable in a framed environment?

Thanks!

AW: Struts and Frames

Posted by ol...@epost.de.
No, I guess not. We make heavy use of framesets and frames and we did not
config anything special.

You should use the target-property of your form in the logon.jsp to point
the result to the frame you came from.

Oliver

-- Original Nachricht --