Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/09 12:25:18 UTC

Question on packaging of generated wsdl/xsd files and JAX-WS catalog file

Hi!

We are using WebSphere 8.5.5 (which in turn uses CXF 2.6.x) to develop
JAX-WS based Web Services.

We have some questions that I hope someone on this list can help us
answer/understand.

1. I tried map the url to the web service using @WebService.serviceName
according do JSR109 and when using / (slash) in the name i could create an
url-pattern with multiple pathsegments, e.g. ws/test/service1 and accessing
the Web Service also works. However the generated WSDL is not valid since
the service name cannot contain slashes. Is my only option here to
configure the service implementation bean as a servlet in the web.xml?

2. When calling the Web Service with ? wsdl it returns a generated WSDL
with the XML inlined. Can I have the Web Service also generate WSDL and
separate XML schemas or do I need to use schemagen for that?

3. Can I turn off the feature of having the Web Service generate WSDL using
?wsdl or do I need to create a Servlet filter that either stop these calls
or modifies the call using e.g. a HttpServletRequestWrapper?

4. What is the Use-case for publishing the generated WSDL and XML schemas
in the wsdl directory of my WAR (WEB-INF/wsdl)?

5. Using the @WebService.wsdlLocation attribute on the service
implementation bean I  can reference the WSDL in the wsdl directory, will
CXF verify that the annotated class and interface (implementation bean and
SEI) follows the WSDL? I've seen that it at startup verifies some aspects
and at runtime others but I still seem to be able to make changes to my SEI
(e.g. adding arguments to a web method) and no errors are reported.

6. Is there a best practise when it comes to the wsdl directory structure
when I have a WAR that contains multiple Web Services and XML? Should
subdirectories be used or should each WSDL have a unique name and be placed
directly in the wsdl directory? Same question if I have multiple versions
of the same Web Service?

7. What would the Use-case be for using an XML catalog for describing the
Web Services (jax-ws-catalog.xml)?

Hoping for inputs and good ideas

Regards
Lars-Fredrik