Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chris brown <de...@reflexe.fr> on 2001/09/11 13:09:25 UTC

Re: [TC4-RC1/NT] Running as an NT service: Tomcat looks for server.xml in wrong place - FIXED!

I've fixed the problem myself.  I had to modify (only slightly) the scripts
supplied with JavaService 1.2.0, by specifying the "current" directory from
which to launch Tomcat 4.0.  See the modified version below (sorry for any
line breaks...).

-Chris

@echo off
echo --------
echo Usage:   %0 jdk_home tomcat_home (classic/hotspot/server)
echo NOTE:    You MAY NOT use spaces in the path names. If you know how
echo          to fix this, please tell me.
echo          JDK 1.3 does not come with hotpot server by default, you must
echo          install this seperately if you wish to use it.
echo Example: %0 c:\progra~1\jdk c:\progra~1\tomcat hotspot
echo --------

if "%1" == "" goto eof
if "%2" == "" goto eof
if "%3" == "" goto eof

copy JavaService.exe %2\bin\CatalinaService.exe > nul
%2\bin\CatalinaService.exe -install Catalina
%1\jre\bin\%3\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path=%2\bin\bootstrap.jar;%2\bin\servlet.
jar;%1\lib\tools.jar -Dcatalina.home=%2 -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
%2\logs\stdout.log -err %2\logs\stderr.log -current %2

goto eof

:eof

Re: [TC4-RC1/NT] Running as an NT service: Tomcat looks for server.xml in wrong place - FIXED!

Posted by chris brown <de...@reflexe.fr>.
It's not a patch for Tomcat, it's an update for an example script for a
third-party tool (a very good one, not just for tomcat).

I don't think there are any portability issues really, as it's not concerned
with web applications directly, it's more to do with how the servlet engine
is launched, and that's engine-specific anyway.  When I mentioned "current
working directory", it's the directory from within which tomcat is started
by the service wrapper.  I'm assuming that the service wrapper launches from
c:\winnt, and tomcat inherited this as the base directory ; unsurprising
that it couldn't find its conf directory !

Thanks for your comments all the same!
-Chris

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.