Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Seenivasan Sankaran <se...@mcruncher.com> on 2014/11/27 09:15:57 UTC

Is BreadCrumbBarLink support AjaxRequestTarget or Not?

Hi,

Can you tell the BreadCrumbBarLink supports the AjaxRequestTarget?

Because, We are using wicket event to replace the wicket Panel component
using replaceWith(). It's works fine but We use a BreadCrumbBarLink in that
panel. So we tried to replace the BreadCrumbBarLink.

*But the following exception is occurred:*

*"Last cause: This method can only be called on a component that has
> already been added to its parent."*

Because,BreadCrumbBarLink doesn't have a AjaxRequestTarget.

Suppose, If BreadCrumbBarLink doesn't supports AjaxRequestTarget, then is
there any other way to replacing the BreadCrumbBarLink?

--

*Best Regards,Seenivasan Sankaran*

*Analyst Programmer*

*mCruncher R&D SDN BHD*

*(016-3482636)*

Re: Is BreadCrumbBarLink support AjaxRequestTarget or Not?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Seenivasan Sankaran <
seenivasan.sankaran@mcruncher.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
>            We are using BreadCrumbLink from the package
> *org.apache.wicket.extensions.breadcrumb. *
>
> We cannot refresh the page with BreadCrumbLink. Because BreadCrumbLink
> doesn't
> have a AjaxEventBehavior. So we need some other option to refresh the
> BreadCrumbLink
> in our page.
>
> Now, is it clear for you?.

Not much.
Any non-Ajax link refreshes the whole page.
With AjaxLink or Ajax behavior you can refresh only part(s) of the page.
So "We cannot refresh the page with BreadCrumbLink. Because BreadCrumbLink
doesn't have a AjaxEventBehavior" doesn't explain much.
Please create a quickstart app with steps to reproduce and we will take a
look.

Posted by Seenivasan Sankaran <se...@mcruncher.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.