Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/30 16:27:18 UTC

Flume Hive Sink

I was looking through the source for the HiveDFSsink but I can't find any
mention of it in the SinkFactory sinkList. Is there some special way to
initialize a Hive Sink or do I need to recompile from source after adding
the HiveDFS Sink to the sinkList?

Also would anyone happen to know the proper syntax for using the
HiveDFSsink?

Thanks
Jonathan

Re: Flume Hive Sink

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
The hive sink code is not complete so not enabled by default.
 Unfortunately, at the moment the code is the best documentation on what it
is.

I would love to have someone pick it up an make it a user level feature.

Thanks,
Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)