Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "guillaume.mary" <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/19 13:54:09 UTC

Markup not found for Component id =_header_ and WICKET-6231, regression ?

Hi !

I'm upgrading our application from Wicket 7.4.0 to 7.5.0 to benefit from the
security issue fix.
While doing this I encounter a problem with pages that extend other one and
define a <wicket:head> in their markup, for instance:

<wicket:head>

</wicket:head>
<wicket:extend>
	<wicket:child/>
</wicket:extend>

The parent page have a defined markup with <head> and <wicket:child/>.

If the child page doesn't override getVariation() everything is fine, but if
it overrides it, I get the following error:
org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: Markup not found for
Component: [WicketHeadContainer [Component id = _header_]]

I guess it's related to WICKET-6231 because of getVariation().

I can provide a quickstart project where tests reproduce it.

It seems that a workaround is to change the way of defining the CSS by
overriding renderHead() + response.render(CSSHeaderItem.forCSS(...)), but I
have many classes to change so I'd like to know if a better way exists and
if the regression can be fixed ?

Of course I'd like to benefit from the security fix so I can't stay in
7.4.0.

Thanks !

Re: Markup not found for Component id =_header_ and WICKET-6231, regression ?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Please create a ticket with a quickstart!
Thanks!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov