Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pramod Jain <pr...@indent.org> on 2004/01/22 15:42:31 UTC

New account creation -> Login -> Logout

We are having problems in the following scenario:
Create a new user, the user is created properly, the user is automatically
logged in.

Then some portlets do not respond at all, some behave erratically
Logout link does not work, it just refreshes the page.

If user closes the browser and logs back in, then all portlets and logout
work fine.

Has any one found a solution to this?

I am considering exploring these options, let me know if any one has tried
these:
1.  Look at the new account creation method and forcing a logout after user
is created and logged in
2.  Disable the logging in after user is created

thanks

pramod

RE: New account creation -> Login -> Logout

Posted by Pramod Jain <pr...@indent.org>.
We have made the following changes to solve the problem of: New Account
creation->automated login after account creation->unable to logout.

After a new account is created we are now redirecting to Login.jsp, where
the user enters their password again and then they proceed to the
LoggedInPage home page.  This is different compared to current approach
where the user is directly taken to home page.

To accomplish this we modified method bypassConfirmMail in
CreateNewUserAndConfirm.java.  In the new method we change the screen
template using:

data.setScreenTemplate(JetspeedResources.getString("action.createnewuser.red
irect","Login"));

We defined action.createnewuser.redirect in TurbineResource.properties,
where we specified
action.createnewuser.redirect=Login

Is this the right way to accomplish redirection after a new user is created?
We are not comfortable changing the source of jetspeed... for a variety of
reasons

So the question is:  Are there settings in properties files that can do
this?
pramod