Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/19 10:24:22 UTC

Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Hi Hadoop developers,
I found recently, I cannot access Jenkins generated results, like:

*Test
results: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/>Findbugs
warnings: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html>Javac
warnings: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt>*

It will report 404 when trying to access findbugs/javac warnings and it
will redirect to info page of build when trying to access test report.

I'm not sure if there's any recent changes on Jenkins configuration. Did
you hit the problem like this?

Thanks,
Wangda

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve, and suggestion from Ted.
Before the problem fixed, if you want to get the diff of warning of your
patch created and previous base.
You can run following command both of repo with your new commit and
previous repo: "*mvn clean test -DskipTests -Ptest-patch | grep -i warning
> warning-output.txt*" And compare them.

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
wrote:

> I have re-named the archive to patchprocess as the test-patch writes the
> logs to
> "        --patch-dir=${WORKSPACE}/../patchprocess \
> ​"​

do you need me to do anything?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
patchprocess has always lived inside the workspace, now that we have moved
to git and the test-patch script does a git reset and git clean it removes
the patchprocess directory.

so I put a fix to create the patchprocess dir outside the workspace and
move it back into workspace soon after the build completes and the post
build steps can archive the patchprocess contents.

@steve

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks, Steve.
>
> Should we just put everything in patchprocess/ like before?  It seems
> like renaming this directory to PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/
> or PreCommit-YARN-Build-patchprocess/ in various builds has created
> problems, and not made things any more clear.  What do you guys think?
>
> Colin
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> > well, I have those permissions, but not sure where things are going right
> > now
> >
> > 1. jenkins is set to archive patchprocess/*.*
> > 1 & publish tests from trunk/**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml
> >

> > I've set it to use the path
> > PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/*.*
> >
> > & will do some manual triggering to see if it takes
> >
> > On 19 September 2014 10:54, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Steve,
> >> I guess this problem should be also caused by wrong URL, if anybody have
> >> admin access to Jenkins, correct URL should be easily found.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Wangda

> it

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt

> and it
> report.

> >> Did

> entity
> confidential,
> reader
> >> that
> >> immediately
> >> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.

wrote:

> Thanks, Steve.
>
> Should we just put everything in patchprocess/ like before?  It seems
> like renaming this directory to PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/
> or PreCommit-YARN-Build-patchprocess/ in various builds has created
> problems, and not made things any more clear.  What do you guys think?
>
> Colin
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> > well, I have those permissions, but not sure where things are going right
> > now
> >
> > 1. jenkins is set to archive patchprocess/*.*
> > 1 & publish tests from trunk/**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml
> >

> > I've set it to use the path
> > PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/*.*
> >
> > & will do some manual triggering to see if it takes
> >
> > On 19 September 2014 10:54, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Steve,
> >> I guess this problem should be also caused by wrong URL, if anybody have
> >> admin access to Jenkins, correct URL should be easily found.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Wangda

> it

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> >> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt

> and it
> report.

> >> Did

> entity
> confidential,
> reader
> >> that
> >> immediately
> >> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
Thanks, Steve.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
well, I have those permissions, but not sure where things are going right
now

1. jenkins is set to archive patchprocess/*.*
1 & publish tests from trunk/**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml

I've set it to use the path
PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/*.*

& will do some manual triggering to see if it takes

On 19 September 2014 10:54, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> I guess this problem should be also caused by wrong URL, if anybody have
> admin access to Jenkins, correct URL should be easily found.
>
> Thanks,
> Wangda
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Looks like HADOOP-11084 isn't complete —the patch to the build to get it
> > working post-git
> >
> > before that patch the builds weren't working at all ... now its just
> > getting the URLs wrong.
> >
> > If you can work out the right URLs we can fix this easily enough
> >
> > On 19 September 2014 09:24, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Hadoop developers,
> > > I found recently, I cannot access Jenkins generated results, like:
> > >

> > > *Test
> > > results:
> > > https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> > > <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> > > warnings:
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> > > <
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> > > warnings:
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> > > <
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> > >
> > > It will report 404 when trying to access findbugs/javac warnings and it
> > > will redirect to info page of build when trying to access test report.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if there's any recent changes on Jenkins configuration.
> Did
> > > you hit the problem like this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Wangda
> > >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Wangda:
In the meantime, you can find the failed unit test from console log. e.g.:

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5040/console

Then you can run the test locally to see if the failure was related to your
patch.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Wangda:

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
well, I have those permissions, but not sure where things are going right
now

1. jenkins is set to archive patchprocess/*.*
1 & publish tests from trunk/**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml

I've set it to use the path
PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/*.*

& will do some manual triggering to see if it takes

On 19 September 2014 10:54, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> I guess this problem should be also caused by wrong URL, if anybody have
> admin access to Jenkins, correct URL should be easily found.
>
> Thanks,
> Wangda
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Looks like HADOOP-11084 isn't complete —the patch to the build to get it
> > working post-git
> >
> > before that patch the builds weren't working at all ... now its just
> > getting the URLs wrong.
> >
> > If you can work out the right URLs we can fix this easily enough
> >
> > On 19 September 2014 09:24, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Hadoop developers,
> > > I found recently, I cannot access Jenkins generated results, like:
> > >

> > > *Test
> > > results:
> > > https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> > > <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//testReport/
> > > warnings:
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> > > <
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/newPatchFindbugsWarningshadoop-yarn-client.html
> > > warnings:
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> > > <
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/5039//artifact/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build-patchprocess/diffJavacWarnings.txt
> > >
> > > It will report 404 when trying to access findbugs/javac warnings and it
> > > will redirect to info page of build when trying to access test report.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if there's any recent changes on Jenkins configuration.
> Did
> > > you hit the problem like this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Wangda
> > >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Cannot access Jenkins generated test results, findbug warnings and javac warnings

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE