Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 10:14:43 UTC

Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing

Hi Celix folks,

Just a question regarding this code. It is a fairly big addition, is this
patch good enough? Or is a code grand more in place?

I am fine with this patch, but maybe from a license/tracking point of view
something else is needed..

If this is ok as it is now, I will add the code to the repo. Reading the
issue, it is not finished, but I don't see that as a big problem. It won't
break any of the existing functionality and the config admin is a nice
addition to what we already have.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
If I compare this project to Felix, we usually have people send a grant if a complete bundle (or something bigger) is donated to the project. It sounds reasonable to use the same policy here.

Since the project team has dealt with accepting such contributions before (and the process of sending a grant) I assume for now that you guys can handle this, but if there are any further questions, don't hesitate to ask/ping!

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi Jorge,

> As reporter of the ticket in Jira what I could say is that as starting the
> code it's good enough and Pepijn has offered himself to review it.
>
> My concern isn't with the code, but more with the procedure to follow. As
Pepijn already mentioned, for larger parts of code a grant is often used.

> > I am fine with this patch, but maybe from a license/tracking point of
> view
> > something else is needed..
> >

> About license, I'm very lost, if there is something that needs to come from
> me, please let me know, I'd be pleased to help :)

Basically it has to do with what you are contributing. In this case it is a
completely new bundle, and not as much a bugfix/patch for existing code. So
from a license point of view it probably makes more sense to offer this
code with a grant instead of only the current sources.

But lets wait for one of our mentors (or other ipmc followers on this list)
to reply and help us out.

> Yes, the code is not finished, but the implemented parts behave as SPECs
> says, if someone needs some specific info of the work, the description of
> the issue [1] gives an insight, but if anyone is eager to know more, please
> ask.

Will do, don't worry ;).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Jorge SM <js...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all :),
>
> 2013/9/20 Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi Celix folks,
>>
>> Just a question regarding this code. It is a fairly big addition, is this
>> patch good enough? Or is a code grand more in place?

Good point, I though we didn't need a grant based on the mail
discussion in [1]. But reading it again; I see a ICLA is not needed,
but because the code is developed @ Thales a software grant is
probably needed? Maybe one of the mentors answer this?
For info, technically is it not a problem to get a software grant for
this patch. We already did this for the device access donation.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/slbnxokeht5maymt

Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing

Posted by Jorge SM <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi all :),