Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@apache.org> on 2007/10/06 20:01:13 UTC

Finalizing the core APIs before the 1.1 release

Hi devs,

Since we are planning to finalize the APIs before this 1.1 release and live
with it, I think it is important to put all the required API to our core
APIs for us to live with that at least till the next major release (may be
2.0)

I have added a new method to the SynapseEnvironment which is injectAsync and
accepts two arguments Synapse MessageContext and a SequenceMediator, and the
idea is to mediate the given context using the sequence specified in a new
thread. I have used this method already in Clone mediator and it will use
this method to inject cloned messages to the environment without blocking
the mediation of the parent.

Further, I saw a commented method on the SynapseEnvironment which gives the
access to the ThreadPool of Synapse. I believe it is important to expose
this functionality through the SynapseEnvironment API. So, shall we add that
method to the env??

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Finalizing the core APIs before the 1.1 release

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Assuming the silence gives me the right to go ahead :D , I have added a
thread pool for synapse and added a method to get the access to the
SynapseThreadPool from the SynapseEnvironment which is retrieved as a
standard java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService.

For the moment the thread pool works for the default values and I will add
the support to get the parameter for the thread pool from a property file
(going to be synapse.properties)

Hope this is OK...

Thanks,
Ruwan