Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 20:19:39 UTC

Announcing Camel in Action

Hi

It seems like a long time since Hadrian got the ball rolling which I
am now happy to be able to announce officially.

Apache Camel is another great project which takes the next step and
has a book being published.

That is why I am proud to part of that with my two co authors: Hadrian
and Jonathan Anstey.
We are writing the book title - Camel in Action, to be published by
Manning. Yes its another great book in the action series.

Announcement continued at my blog ...
http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/2009/10/announcing-camel-in-action.html

Camel in Action is gone MEAP (online) at:
http://www.manning.com/ibsen/

I will during the course of writing the book post more details at my
blog and some tweets as well.

If you have ideas or there are topics which you would like to be
covered etc. then we love to hear about this.
Feedback on the book is very welcome and best provided at the Manning
Author Online forum
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=601

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Announcing Camel in Action

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Pitre, Russell <RP...@shawmut.com> wrote:
> That's great!
>
> I'm a camel newbie so I'm sure this book will be very helpful.
>
> Thanks and keep us all posted.

The book is certainly targeted for people in the Camel community. We
hope that it helps you guys making your integration challenges easier.
But I must also say its *a lot* of work to write a book. Being able to
go MEAP was great as its a kick ass motivator to write even faster :)

I will sure keep you guys posted on my blog how goes and some thoughts
about writing in general.
But don't expect the blogs to be very long, I got enough writing on my mind :)

Posted by "Pitre, Russell" <RP...@shawmut.com>.
That's great!

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.
Congrats Claus!!!! Really awesome work! I am already recommending the book
to all my colleagues...

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
---