Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dimitri Unruh <di...@lynx.de> on 2006/06/23 15:59:28 UTC

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Does FTL pick data from context?

What kind of typ is customer?
Is it a GenericValue or HashMap?

Maybe you missed something and customer is just a String. In this case you
have to write:
Thankyou for booking a room with us ${customer}

Did you get an exception?

Second question:
the service you call must return the primarykey to the request, then you
can catch this key in you presentation...

Kind regards

Dimitri Unruh

Lynx Consulting Group
Johanniskirchplatz 6
D-33615 Bielefeld
T: +49 (0) 521 / 52 47 - 408
dimitri.unruh@lynx.de
http://www.lynx.de

"Sangeeta Bhatia" <sb...@TechMahindra.com>
Sent by: users-bounces@lists.ofbiz.org
23.06.2006 15:37
Please respond to ofbiz-user

        To:     <us...@lists.ofbiz.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [OFBiz] Users - Does FTL pick data from context?

All,

I have a problem in making ftl display data held in the context.
What I am trying is:
1)context.put("customer",customer); in a bsh file
2)in my screens.xml,
<screen name="thankyou">
    <section>
     <actions>
           <script
location="component://hotelCalifornia/webapp/hotelCalifornia/WEB-INF/actions/customer.bsh"/>
    </actions>
3) from my ftl file,
Thankyou for booking a room with us ${customer.customerName}

I tried printing out the context and it does contain the variable
customername.
However, the error I get is customer not defined.

I have also tried putting my entity Booking in the context and then trying
to aceess it through Booking.cusomerName but the same error.

Is there something I am missing?

*************************************************************************************************************

Another problem I am facing is this:
In a request say abc,I m invoking a service which persists an entity say
X.
In the event of success,I am presenting a view which fetches this entity
by primary key and displays it.
However, the entity is not being fetched and when I print it out,the
result is null.
So my question is:at what step is the data persisted and available to be
fetched?

I hope I have made my questions clear.Thanks everyone in advance !

sangeeta
P.s:I got I quick response to my last post and it helped solve my
issue.thanks for that too.

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or
attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech
Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner
by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the
desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to
the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the
enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be
the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be
free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any
loss or damage arising in any way from its use.