Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/27 13:32:40 UTC

propertyfileconfig and lifecycle

Hi guys,

I would like to discuss DELTASPIKE-1296 (and avoid jira noise ;))

Issue is AfterDeploymentValidation order of extensions is not
deterministic and therefore we can end up in cases where our
extensions are not usable in between them cause of that. it is
typically the case for the config extension which is used by all other
ones.

To solve it - keeping the deterministic behavior we have - we can:

1. register earlier the PropertyFileConfig (AfterBeanDiscovery?)
2. have a single AfterDeploymentValidation observer in all our
codebase and be able to sort extensions here (@Priority or a custom
@Order). Note we can apply it to [Before|After]BeanDiscovery too.
3. surely others

Goal is to ensure the mainstream programming model we have works in
most cases and there is no arbitrary reason to not have it working.

wdyt? Personally I'm tempted to say 2. is not a bad compromise and
would bring a lot of value by itself even if not 100% aligned on CDI
programming model.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Re: propertyfileconfig and lifecycle