Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by warnockm <ma...@warnockinc.com> on 2007/09/28 16:08:32 UTC

two versions of java

I'm running Tomcat 5 w/ 4 different hosts in my server.xml, each using a
different IP address.  It's working very well.  Each host requires JDK 1.4.
I now have a requirement for a host; it needs tomcat6 and JDK 6.  I tried to
install both tomcat5 and 6 and have them run simultaneous since they binded
to different ip addresses, but when i bring one up, the other version goes
down.  Is there a way to a) run both tomcat5 and 6 together, or b), run
Tomcat6 using JDK 1.4 for 4 hosts and JDK 6 for 1  host?

thanks,

Re: two versions of java

Posted by warnockm <ma...@warnockinc.com>.
That did it.  Thanks!!

the shutdown port in <Server port="8005"....>

always binds to 127.0.0.1, so you have to have unique shutdown ports,

Filip

Re: two versions of java

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.