Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pavel Brun <pa...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/02/21 07:10:32 UTC

JSP Tag Libraries

I had to sign off for a couple of days since I didn't want to
overload my Account provider, however, I was wondering if anybody
has any possible explanation for tags being executed two times
in a row.

It seems like my JSP page (or something internal to the Servlet
mechanism) is calling my JSP tag library twice. In what cases
could this happen?

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Paul

RE: JSP Tag Libraries

Posted by Pavel Brun <pa...@sympatico.ca>.
Interesting...however, from what I can see..I don't see two log lines, I
noticed
that my piece of code is executed twice. My results are consistent with code
being
executed twice because I see two entry points into my bean that is running
behind
the scenes....that is not the desired behaviour that I want to happen.

Couple things that is worth noting is the following:

- when I run the same piece of code in Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 and Tomcat, I
don't
  have this problem.
- when the same JSP's are run on Windows NT 4.0 Server, IIS and Tomcat, I
get
  this error.

Windows NT 4.0 is still our system of deployment.

Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Paul

This was not tags, but I was getting log lines showing twice just now.

Then I upgraded to 1.2 beta, and also moved tomcat. When I ran tomcat again,
it re-compiled everything and the double logging disappeared. I'm not sure
whether to blame it on the upgrade or the re-compile, or both.

Joel Rees

Re: JSP Tag Libraries