Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by sara raji <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 16:06:37 UTC

Hadoop Cluster: System level Checklist??

Hi All,

Can any one list me the mandatory system level check
(ulimit,firewall,selinux...) before starting a hadoop cluster.

Regards
Sathish

Re: Hadoop Cluster: System level Checklist??

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
when you start hadoop its always better to set

ulimit -n
we normally disable selinux and iptables in our hadoop cluser and then put
network level security enclosing entire cluster with single network
security level

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Cluster: System level Checklist??

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Cluster: System level Checklist??

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Cluster: System level Checklist??

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar