Posted to users@camel.apache.org by johnf <Jo...@ateb.com> on 2010/03/25 20:39:12 UTC

Dynamic FTP Poller

Hi,

We have a need to poll a number of different ftp locations for various
files. We normally express the pattern of the files we are looking for with
wild cards.

I'm trying to come up with a generic way in Camel to configure routes for
each location/pattern we need to poll for.

I've looked at using the GenericFileFilter to express the pattern of the
files I want to find but can't see how to load custom references of it (with
the specific wild card pattern) to the spring registry on the fly. I really
can not define filters for each location/pattern in the spring xml.

We're currently using Camel 2.2.

Is there a way to add to the spring registry on the fly or another way to
generically control the files an ftp poll looks for?

Thanks!

-john

Re: Dynamic FTP Poller

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM, johnf <Jo...@ateb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a need to poll a number of different ftp locations for various
> files. We normally express the pattern of the files we are looking for with
> wild cards.
>
> I'm trying to come up with a generic way in Camel to configure routes for
> each location/pattern we need to poll for.
>
> I've looked at using the GenericFileFilter to express the pattern of the
> files I want to find but can't see how to load custom references of it (with
> the specific wild card pattern) to the spring registry on the fly. I really
> can not define filters for each location/pattern in the spring xml.

I recon you can just use a delegate filter and have it at runtime
delegate to the real filter.

> We're currently using Camel 2.2.
>
> Is there a way to add to the spring registry on the fly or another way to
> generically control the files an ftp poll looks for?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -john

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer