Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Martin Renner <m....@exxcellent.de> on 2009/10/29 11:06:24 UTC

How to disable xjc ts plugin?

Hi,

we have a problem with the xjc 'ts' plugin in combination with the commons-lang plugin.

We have to use the commons-lang plugin in order to get equals() and hashCode() methods into the
generated code. So we use the wsdl2java switch "-xjc-Xcommons-lang" to enable this plugin.

However, if we use this switch, we get invalid code because the ts plugin is being executed too!
Although we did not use the switch "-xjc-Xts". So we get two toString() methods in the same class:
One from commons-lang and one from ts.

Here is the result of the different switches:

1. no "-xjc" at all
   --> no toString, hashCode and equals (like expected)
2. "-xjc-Xcommons-lang"
   --> toString, hashCode and equals from commons-lang plugin (like expected)
   --> a 2nd toString from the ts plugin (this is not expected, because there was no "-xjc-Xts")
3. "-xjc-Xts"
   --> toString from ts plugin (like expected)

We are using cxf 2.2.4 in a single jar (not the modules). So the ts plugin is already bundled within
the cxf.jar. But why is the ts plugin being executed if we use "-xjc-Xcommons-lang"?

Is there a way to explicitly disable the ts plugin?

Kind Regards,
Martin

Re: How to disable xjc ts plugin?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Well, I think the best way would be to pull the xjc plugins out of the cxf-
bundle.   They aren't used at all at runtime for anything.   The cxf-manifest
already would pick them up if the jars are there.   Thus, if they were
external jars, the solution would be to just delete the jar.

Want to log a JIRA?  (and including a patch would be great.  :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: How to disable xjc ts plugin?

Posted by wytas <wy...@freemail.lt>.

Posted by Martin Renner <m....@exxcellent.de>.
Hi.

I found a (ugly) workaround for the problem: I removed the line

  com.sun.tools.xjc.addon.apache_cxf.ts.ToStringPlugin

from META-INF/services/com.sun.tools.xjc.Plugin.

However, this is an ugly hack to get rid of the ts plugin. I am still wondering, why
"-xjc-Xcommons-lang" triggers the execution of the ts plugin.

Kind Regards,
Martin