Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Li, Tao (Tom)" <Ta...@iona.com> on 2006/12/31 05:03:09 UTC

Re: MIME & Swa Support

Hi Dan,

Our cxf already supports swa mime-binding extension.
You can see that in common/schemas/src/main/resources/schemas/wsdl/mime-binding.xsd.
This file will be used by service model to handle the mime binding extension in wsdl file.

And we previously has a swa systest/demo, but it depends on wsi-swa.xsd file which is belongs to ws-i and the license is not compatible with apache, and we want to keep the off-line building ability, so we removed the wsi-swa.xsd and the systest/demo.

User can direct write application using swa, just needs to provide wsi-swa.xsd along with their own wsdl file.

Thanks.
Tom

Also if anyone wanted to recommend a few steps to get this reenabled,
that would be appreciated as well. Thanks,

- Dan

On 12/27/06, Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> Can someone inform me as to the status of the support for mime tags
> within the WSDL for soap with attachments? I see there is a
> MIMEProcessor, but it doesn't seem to be used. Also all the tests for
> MIME processing are disabled.
>
> While I hate the mime extensions, it seems we need it for Soap w/
> Attachments support as things like Axis 1.x don't support the WS-I
> Attachments Profile.
>
> - Dan
>
> --
> Dan Diephouse
> Envoi Solutions

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

________________________________

lt780404
2006-12-30

Re: MIME & Swa Support

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hi Tom,

On 12/30/06, Li, Tao (Tom) <Ta...@iona.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Our cxf already supports swa mime-binding extension.

Not true. It was disabled in the tooling.

You can see that in common/schemas/src/main/resources/schemas/wsdl/mime-
> binding.xsd.
> This file will be used by service model to handle the mime binding
> extension in wsdl file.
>
> And we previously has a swa systest/demo, but it depends on wsi-swa.xsdfile which is belongs to ws-i and the license is not compatible with apache,
> and we want to keep the off-line building ability, so we removed the
> wsi-swa.xsd and the systest/demo.
>
> User can direct write application using swa, just needs to provide
> wsi-swa.xsd along with their own wsdl file.

I think we need to worry about sending the correct mime types yet. We also
should work on providing an Axis 1.x interop story. See my email here for
more about that:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-dev/200612.mbox/%3c7b774c950612300730m333614fdh3506602cfe4ab04e@mail.gmail.com%3e

- Dan
--