Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by va...@wipro.com on 2005/02/17 06:50:35 UTC

Connecting http-2.0.48 with tomcat 3.3.1a using jk connector.

Hello,

I have already installed the apache(http-2.0.48) and tomcat 3.3.1a in my
Linux system. The jk connector is also installed. But now the problem is
that I don't know how to test whether my tomcat is running or not. When
I try to see giving the URL: http://IP <http://ip/>  Address:8080/ it
doesn't display any pages.

Could anyone give me a detailed procedure of how to test my tomcat is
running?

Regards,

Varsha.

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: Connecting http-2.0.48 with tomcat 3.3.1a using jk connector.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Well, since 3.3.1a doesn't ship with the CoyoteConnector, you need to have
the <AJP13Connector> in server.xml (it's enabled by default).  I'm assuming
that you aren't using the <JNIConnector> (although it's still supported in
mod_jk 1.2.8 :).  You need the <Http10Connector> if you want Tomcat to
answer on 8080.

Otherwise, you can follow Charles' suggestions, along with possibly 'ps'.

<va...@wipro.com> wrote in message

Hello,

I have already installed the apache(http-2.0.48) and tomcat 3.3.1a in my
Linux system. The jk connector is also installed. But now the problem is
that I don't know how to test whether my tomcat is running or not. When
I try to see giving the URL: http://IP <http://ip/>  Address:8080/ it
doesn't display any pages.

Could anyone give me a detailed procedure of how to test my tomcat is
running?

Regards,

Varsha.

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If