Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2009/11/16 19:49:44 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-4

Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Benjamin Bentmann, Jason van Zyl, Olivier Lamy, Arnaud
Héritier

+1 (non-binding): Paul Benedict, Stephen Connolly

I will promote the artifacts to the central repository and continue with
the release. Thanks for all the feedback!

Benjamin

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-4

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
> I searched on the asf repository [1], [2] but I didn't found it :
>
> [1]
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick~org.apache.maven<https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick%7Eorg.apache.maven>
> [2]
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/maven/

http://repository.apache.org is the repository of record for the Maven
project. The people.apache.org is legacy but is still used by some
other apache projects. Both of those locations get rsynced to central,
but are mutually exclusive, a project is using one or the other, never
both.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-4

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Gilles Scokart wrote:

> Are you publishing this to an apache maven repository or did you publish it
> directly into central?

I see it at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-alpha-4/

as found by

https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick~apache-maven

and also

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-alpha-4/
http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/source/
http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/

Is there something missing?

> [2]
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/maven/

I have honestly no idea what purpose that particular directory serves.

> BTW, the staged directory [3] now contains something else.  Is it normal?
> How do you avoid conflicts?

What conflicts exactly do you have in mind? The staging location is only
valid for a particular vote and the vote for 3.0-alpha-4 is over.

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Are you publishing this to an apache maven repository or did you publish it
directly into central?

I searched on the asf repository [1], [2] but I didn't found it :

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick~org.apache.maven<https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick%7Eorg.apache.maven>
[2]
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/maven/

BTW, the staged directory [3] now contains something else.  Is it normal?
How do you avoid conflicts?

[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-003/

Gilles Scokart