Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sadhan Sood <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 20:55:55 UTC

hive thriftserver and fair scheduling

Hi All,

Does anyone have fair scheduling working for them in a hive server? I have
one hive thriftserver running and multiple users trying to run queries at
the same time on that server using a beeline client. I see that a big query
is stopping all other queries from making any progress. Is this supposed to
be this way? Is there anything else that I need to be doing for fair
scheduling to be working for the thriftserver?

Re: hive thriftserver and fair scheduling

Posted by Deenar Toraskar <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Michael, I'll try it out. Another quick/important question: How do I
make udfs available to all of the hive thriftserver users? Right now, when
I launch a spark-sql client, I notice that it reads the ~/.hiverc file and
all udfs get picked up but this doesn't seem to be working in hive
thriftserver.
Is there a way to make it work in a similar way for all users in hive
 thriftserver?

+1 for this request

Posted by Sadhan Sood <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.