Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Maarten de Boer <md...@iua.upf.es> on 2004/12/02 14:52:12 UTC

SA only doing bayes every second mail

Hello,

I have been running SA succesfully for quite some time now, but
lately I am experiencing a strange problem: only every second
mail that is checked by SpamAssassin is being scored by the bayes
rules.

I started noticing this when I saw that there was no BAYES_XX score in
the SpamCheck header for some unmarked Spam. When I run
  spamassassin -D --lint
everything seems fine. So I set
Debug = Yes
Debug SpamAssassin = Yes
in my MailScanner configuration (I run SA from MailScanner), and it
confirmed my suspicion. You can look at the output of a batch run at
http://iua-mail.upf.es/mailscanner.txt

If you look at the debug: tests= lines, you can see that only every second
mail is bayes-checked

$ grep "debug: tests=" mailscanner.txt
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_REAL_NAME
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL,BAYES_00
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL,BAYES_00
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL,BAYES_00
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL
debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,AWL,BAYES_00
debug: tests=AWL,HTML_80_90,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TAG_EXIST_TBODY

And what is very strange as well is that is says both:

debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

and

debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 6040, nham = 20334

Obviously, the "only 0 spam(s)" line is wrong. Note that it always comes
in combination with a database sync.

debug: refresh: 10537 refresh /var/lib/MailScanner/bayes.mutex
debug: synced Bayes databases from journal in 0 seconds: 74 unique entries (74
total entries)
debug: Syncing complete.
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

I am not sure when this problem started, but I don't think it was like
this from the beginning. I updated to 3.0.1, but this did not help.

I hope somebody has an idea of what is happening... I can provide you with
more information if needed.

Kind regards,

Maarten