Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/09/29 05:12:19 UTC

magnolia: oss java cms that implements jsr 170

http://www.obinary.com/en/magnolia.html

i wonder what their license will be.

Magnolia in a nutshell
Magnolia is the first open-source JSR-170 compatible
content-management-system (CMS). Its main goal is ease of use for all
parties involved in running a CMS. It features a very flexible
structure, platform-independence through the use of Java and XML, a
simple to use API, easy templating through the use of JSP, JSTL and a
custom tag library, automatic administrative UI generation, transparent
and uniform data access to multiple data repositories through JSR-170,
easy configuration through XML, easy application integration and easy
deployment as a J2EE servlet.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: magnolia: oss java cms that implements jsr 170

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 18 Nov 2004, at 14:19, torsten_lenya-dev@gcrud.org wrote:

> Does anyone have time to do a quick compare to Lenya and add it to the
> Wiki?

It's basically a JSP frontend on top of Jackrabbit. Which in my
layman's opinion means: all data is stored on the filesystem, and one
needs to know JSP (+ taglibs I assume) to create another "skin" or
application on top of it. Then again, if it's only the repository part
you are interested in, you might as well just use Jackrabbit.

>>> i wonder what their license will be.

LGPL

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: magnolia: oss java cms that implements jsr 170

Posted by to...@gcrud.org.
I updated the Wiki.
Their site look good.
Does anyone have time to do a quick compare to Lenya and add it to the Wiki?

Regards,
Torsten

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Magnolia 2.0

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
> http://www.obinary.com/en/magnolia.html
>
> i wonder what their license will be.

GPL, but that information seems to be only on their German pages:

"Als Lizenz wird die GNU General Public License (GPL) verwendet."
http://www.obinary.com/de/magnolia.html

Andreas