Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christopher Vollick <ch...@emforium.com> on 2008/11/20 23:02:31 UTC

Slightly More Advanced Layouts with XML

Hello.

I've looked into laying out forms using the XML and Form Widget.
For simple forms it definitely looks like the way to go.

The limitation comes with forms that are a little more advanced than
simple, but still seem suited to the automatic laying out out fields.

I think I would need three things to facilitate this.

To be able to hide labels
This would have the field take up the space the label usually would in
addition to its own, rather than just having an empty string displayed.

To be able to set the "colspan"(positionSpan) of fields, such that
they spanned other fields

To have a form of Space field, which just took up a column. This one's
easiest.

If any of these already exist, I'd love to be pointed at them.
If they don't, I'd be willing to take a shot at it.
If it's a terrible idea, I'd like to know that as well.

Thanks,
Christopher Vollick

Re: Slightly More Advanced Layouts with XML

Posted by Christopher Vollick <ch...@emforium.com>.
I've decided that FreeMarker is probably more suited than the XML, and
not really any harder.

Re: Slightly More Advanced Layouts with XML

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Christohper,

Are looking into XFORMS?

Pierre