Posted to user@spark.apache.org by VJ Anand <vj...@sankia.com> on 2015/10/05 18:15:33 UTC

Custom RDD for Proprietary MPP database

Hi,

I need to build a RDD that supports a custom built Database (Which is
sharded) across several nodes. I need to build an RDD that can support and
provide the partitions specific to this database.
I would like to do this in Java - I see there are JavaRDD, and other
specific RDD available - my question, is if I subclass or extend this RDD -
can I override the getPartitions, and other methods? Or is there any other
alternative? Any help or pointers much appreciated

Thanks
VJ