Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/30 00:22:48 UTC

Chainsaw build

I've repaired the Mac UI integration and I think it's time to make a release.

I'm not sure of the process, it's been forever.

'mvn clean site:site package' works fine for me on my Mac, including
DMG creation.

I'd like to get the DMG available to folks for download.

Happy to help,

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Chainsaw build

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
https://infra.apache.org/apple-dev-program.html for more info about that.

Re: Chainsaw build

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Chainsaw build

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Yes, I agree it has been a long time. But I am not aware of anyone else who has performed a release. Who did it last time? Where does the DMG reside for download? In the ASF downloads folder? The current downloads folder doesn’t have them.

Looking at the old release site in GitHub it looks like the dmg was available right in the web site. Rather odd. That was in 2006.

From what I can tell the last release that contained the DMG was in 2006 and didn’t use Maven. It seems Chainsaw was converted to use Maven but the release Matt did a few years ago didn’t build it.